Let me tell you what I mean
Joan Didion
My rating : 5/5 stars
“I write entirely to find out what I’m thinking, what I’m looking at, what I see and what it means.”
Reading these words, as someone who thinks she is just trying to write to understand herself and the world around, made me feel validated.
I believe anyone who engages in the act of writing does so to essentially explore one’s own mind. Writing carries with it the wistful desire to take a leap inside and to discover what lies deep in the subliminal self. To explore that which moves or makes one recoil, to look at all that the world offers and to figure what makes sense, to unburden and accept oneself in its relation and to hold onto that which gives sustenance.
Through her essays, through her writing, Didion observes the image that her mind captures and let it glimmer there until she finds its element, its soul and then shape the form in words. Reading her essays is an inquiry into the realm of human existence in its fundamental character. A pursuit definitely rewarding.

No comments:
Post a Comment