Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Specter of Doubt

I am aware of the sunbeam coming into my room
But I just can’t feel it yet.......
Slowly it casts a light on the lot,
And things start basking in its glow
Rhyming in rhythm and tapping its moves,
It steps gaily on the go.

I shrivel doubtfully,
Too afraid to believe
It wants to touch,
But I want to leave......
Slowly it whispers,
“Hold me dear, don’t let me go
While I last, I’ll let you see
The splendor of living,
The joy of giving
The beauty of hope,
Visions to adore
And still when I am gone,
You won’t further cry
For you’ll know the truth,
And it will set you free
You’ll dance with joy,
And the pulse won’t cease”

I listen cautiously,
But I still can’t trust
For the faith once wavered,
Is not easily restored
For the specter of doubts,
Has long been there……

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! my dear sceptic! what about a little bit of faith? I think you could manage it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :).....Absolutely got nothing to say on it :)....

    ReplyDelete